ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: A bit of what Mark Adams said after the win over Iowa State

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Hell of a night. Final item coming from me.

Adams opening statement:

"It's hard to put in words. The resiliency in the heart that these guys showed, it was, I don't know, as a coach I've ever been in a situation where we're down as many points against such a good good basketball team. I always say they're one of the most efficient teams in the conference and for us to come back, I'm so blessed to be apart of it. I'm so proud of the guys to my right and left. (Harmon and Obanor)"

Adams on getting out of the hole, who adjusted in the coaching staff at half:

"We were in such a hole for ourself the first half we had made some huge adjustments. Our coaching staff. We were all were a little bit disappointed half time, we all spoke with our heart. Coach Corey Williams helped so much with some defensive adjustments and coach Steve Green, along with Al Pinkinsm made some adjustments on the offensive end with a smaller lineup."

Adams on going to a smaller lineup:

"I talked to Batcho several times at the half and he's been dealing with a knee injury, so that held him out in the second half. And guess what, the smaller lineup was excellent for us, they had to make some adjustments because we we're smaller and we guarded their guards a bit better. It's something that we will consider doing more going forward, most of these teams have four guards and a big, we have the versatility to play big and small."

Adams on ISU's 3pt shooting half-to-half:

"We did get killed on the three-point line and on the rebounding on both ends of the floor, that's something we hammered in the second half...Caleb Grill is the type of guy that knows he's going to shoot it before he catches it, it was hammered in the scouting report. He has a great sense and an a really quick release."

Adams on running the press in the second half:

"It really is just a version of our what we've been running we just put more pressure on them, we made a few adjustments. Tyson did a great job with those long arms, he does a great job anticipating."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News