• Other

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedRaiders27196

Matador
Gold Member
May 21, 2007
Last year's list, voted on by the mega brains here at RRS, is below and it's not a bad list honestly. There were 0 busts throughout but the fact that we won 5 conference games for the first time since 2009 probably helps that too. Maybe Dunlap should've been a pick, Price had a weird year because of little injuries but I still believe in the talent and he had something like 15 catches vs Texas.

Tier 1
1) Tyree Wilson - DE/OLB - RS Sr.
Tier 2
2) Austin McNamara - P - Sr.
3) Tahj Brooks - RB - Jr.
4) Myles Price - WR - Jr.
5) Jaylon Hutchings - DT - RS Sr.
6) SaRodorick Thompson - RB - RS Sr
7) Dadrion Taylor-Demerson - DB - Sr.
Tier 3
8) Tyler Shough - QB - RS Sr.
9) Marquis "Muddy" Waters - DB/LB - Super Sr.
10) Rayshad Williams - DB - RS Sr.

Basically how this works, I have a poll of 9 players and "other" and we vote who we think the best player is. If a player wins a true majority of the vote, then that's a tier break in the list. If the winner gets less than 30% of the vote OR wins by less than 5 points, then it goes to a Run-Off vote where the players go head to head. When you have a 9 person poll, a lot of times polarizing players can win so we use Run-Offs to ensure the people's champ. I used to let everything that wasn't a majority winner go to run-off but it was too many polls and it hurt voter participation. I generally spread the players on the list by position and I'll almost always split offense and defense 5/4 one way or the other. It'll be 4/4/1 on this first list because McNamara is a very good player.

I think that's clear as mud, let's get this thing going and see what happens, I let the polls run for roughly 24 hours but I'll end this one a little before lunch tomorrow. I don't think there is as obvious of a choice this year like Tyree was last year. It'll be interesting to see what we think. If you vote OTHER, please post who your pick would be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News