• Other

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedRaiders27196

Matador
Gold Member
May 21, 2007
Last year's list, voted on by the mega brains here at RRS, is below and it's not a bad list honestly. There were 0 busts throughout but the fact that we won 5 conference games for the first time since 2009 probably helps that too. Maybe Dunlap should've been a pick, Price had a weird year because of little injuries but I still believe in the talent and he had something like 15 catches vs Texas.

Tier 1
1) Tyree Wilson - DE/OLB - RS Sr.
Tier 2
2) Austin McNamara - P - Sr.
3) Tahj Brooks - RB - Jr.
4) Myles Price - WR - Jr.
5) Jaylon Hutchings - DT - RS Sr.
6) SaRodorick Thompson - RB - RS Sr
7) Dadrion Taylor-Demerson - DB - Sr.
Tier 3
8) Tyler Shough - QB - RS Sr.
9) Marquis "Muddy" Waters - DB/LB - Super Sr.
10) Rayshad Williams - DB - RS Sr.

Basically how this works, I have a poll of 9 players and "other" and we vote who we think the best player is. If a player wins a true majority of the vote, then that's a tier break in the list. If the winner gets less than 30% of the vote OR wins by less than 5 points, then it goes to a Run-Off vote where the players go head to head. When you have a 9 person poll, a lot of times polarizing players can win so we use Run-Offs to ensure the people's champ. I used to let everything that wasn't a majority winner go to run-off but it was too many polls and it hurt voter participation. I generally spread the players on the list by position and I'll almost always split offense and defense 5/4 one way or the other. It'll be 4/4/1 on this first list because McNamara is a very good player.

I think that's clear as mud, let's get this thing going and see what happens, I let the polls run for roughly 24 hours but I'll end this one a little before lunch tomorrow. I don't think there is as obvious of a choice this year like Tyree was last year. It'll be interesting to see what we think. If you vote OTHER, please post who your pick would be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News