ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: What Mark Adams said after the win over Texas

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
A fun night. Here's some highlights from a lengthy presser.

Adams on adjusting from the UT double team on the high-ball screen:

"Yeah, we anticipated that, they've done that in the past, they made us make the extra pass, we spread our team out in the second half to make it a little harder to double team."

Adams on the defensive adjustment to a 2-3 zone late in the second half:

"We've used that in the last several years. When you're up double-digits you want to guard the perimeter but we don't want them just driving to the basket and scoring easy twos. It's not my favorite to do, but it worked for us tonight."

Adams on Fisher's effort:

"Elijah, the youngest guy on our team, he made some big plays for us tonight. He played hard and is a physical player, I just love his energy of late."

Adams on Fardaws:

"Fardaws is going to continue to get better since he's continuing to lose weight. It's slow, his rehab but he's not playing with as much pain. On the floor he helps us with his leadership. He's a big force down there."

Adams on De'Vion Harmon:

"De'Vion had a great start for us, it kicked us off and let us say 'We can win this game.' I think he had his high, he had an excellent game."

Adams on Batcho & Pops timelines:

"He's (Batcho), bless his heart, he's wanting to get back as soon as he can. Despite a lot of pain. He's got the ankle, foot problem, we'll just wait and see. I'm hopeful that he's ready to go against West Virginia."

"Possibly (Pop), maybe so, he's getting there."

Fardaws on his overall health and performance tonight:

"Honestly, right now I'm feeling pretty good. I don't know if that's just me going off adrenaline or what, but feels good. It feels good right now. You know, it's just about, you know, trying to manage recovery and the stuff I do. Being a part of this program is a big deal to me, it's why I've been pushing through to come back."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News