ADVERTISEMENT

Weekly Over/Unders - Ben v. Beadles v. Everyone (pres. by Fields of Gold) - Updated with Ben & Taylor's picks

4O9to8O6Nback

"I retire from podcasting"- @T. Beadles
Dec 30, 2015
First week I did this only between Ben & Taylor but I want to open it up to the public. Reply with your picks or send them to me in a DM, and I'll keep up with it.

The winner (best pick % -- have to participate every week) gets something... not sure what yet. But definitely something.

There will also be a prize for last place, so the person who has the worst %.

The cutoff for submitting your picks in this thread or via DM will be kickoff. I'm the final arbiter on deciding any over/unders or questions, although I will certainly entertain an appeal (a process that Ben is already familiar with).

They won't all be over/unders, but most will. For over/unders, simply respond "over" or "under". For others, you may have to give a player's name, such as "Tahj" or "Rod," "Jerand" or "Larry Moore."

1. Percentage of student section still at the game at the start of the 4th quarter - 67%

Ben: OVER - this isn’t a real question but it’ll be a close enough game at the start of the 4th before Tech pulls away

Taylor: Under

2. Snaps by Behren Morton - 3.5

Ben: OVER - I’m taking Joey McGuire at his word here even though I don’t believe it

Taylor: Over

3. Who has the most touches (carries or receptions) - Sarodorick v. Tahj

Ben: SARODORICK - total guess. Both backs are awesome.

Taylor: Rod

4. Total unsportsmanlike conduct penalties (by either team) - 1.5

Ben: UNDER - would like to think Tech can stay disciplined in a big game at home. UH getting one (or two) wouldn’t surprise me.

5. Clayton Tune interceptions - 1.5

Ben: OVER - UH will have to air it out to keep up with Tech’s offense. I expect a high possession game. Tech’s defense will have opportunities to make plays.

6. Donovan Smith rushing yards - 39.5

Ben: UNDER - Considering Shough’s status, I think Kittley will be a little more careful running him (even though he won’t say it) and UH will (or should) keep a spy on him every down.

7. Texas Tech total points scored - 33

Ben: WAY OVER - 50 burger incoming

8. Houston total points scored - 30

Ben - OVER - by a smidge. I think they’ll get 31.

9. Targeting penalties enforced against Tech's defense - 0.5

Ben -- UNDER - from the few games I watched last week, don’t believe I saw a targeting confirmed

10. Name Texas Tech's leading wide receiver (not RB or TE) from a fantasy perspective (TD = 6 points, each yard = .1 points, each reception = 1 point, 2 pt conversion = 2 points, fumble lost = -2 points)

Ben -- LOIC - he’s big, he’s fast, he’s strong, and he’s gonna make plenty of plays on Saturday afternoon.

Taylor: Myles Price

Ryan left it all out on the field in everything he did. In his honor, we bring you Fields of Gold, so that others facing bone cancer can keep on playing. A portion of proceeds from every case sold is donated to The Little Warrior Foundation.

The Little Warrior Foundation's mission is to fund & find a lasting cure for childhood cancer, with a specific focus on Ewing's Sarcoma.

Summerland Wine Brands - Shop - Fields of Gold

A1686ECE-6CC3-4706-B798-5F71740FCEE8.png

@Saynotobarefoot

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News