ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: The Breakdown – TCU pres. by All Hands Craft Cocktails

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Don’t got a ton here. I’ll talk a bit about what I saw from Tech’s offense and defense on rewatch. Nuance in the charting as always.

-Overall, Tech’s offensive scheme was a struggle. The run game was pretty bad, and I think that Tech’s plan with an abundance of zone runs that this offensive line just isn’t good enough to handle.

-Sterling Porcher had an atrocious game, I hate to call out a player like this, but it was so, so bad. Porcher’s strain on the backend of plays is honestly awful to watch, he struggles to sustain his blocks and doesn’t have the athleticism to recover. It cost you on the Hammond fumble, but it limited you plenty.

-Hammond was a fun watch. He shows advanced processing ability, pocket poise and put some good throws on tape. Hope he’s not too rattled because you might be leaning on him plenty next weekend. I was excited by what I saw, from the run aspect and from the pocket, bet he graded out pretty alright.

-Tech’s defense was awful. Night and day in the middle of the game compared to the beginning and end. Started out with no answers, and undisciplined LB play, with Savion Williams in the backfield, then had awful corner play late.

-The 2nd & 3rd quarter was full of pressure and quality coverage, extremely frustrating that it went away.

-Leaving Macho Stevenson on a man island against a quality receiver like McAlister is tough. Just got beat (McAlister likely got away with a push off, but not an excuse). The post to Bech was a tough break schematically but a hell of an answer for Briles.

I’ll monitor this thread if you have questions, but I’m also not trying to let this stew all afternoon.

IMG_0936.jpeg

Founded by a Red Raider, All Hands Craft Cocktails is proud to announce their partnership with RedRaiderSports.com. Try these bar strength, ready-to-drink vodka cocktails at Jones AT&T Stadium this football season or find them at a retailer near you. Cheers.
@ALL HANDS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.