ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Open to Work - Layoffs in May (Update: got the boot)

CoffeeRaider

UTT Alumni
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2011
Hey folks,

I've been around many years here in this crazy place, and have had many my share of bad takes (I was team Tubs an embarrassingly long time, and I currently have a white iphone).

My company (big tech, all over the news) is in the midst of another, yet unending feeling, set of layoffs. My org is expecting a large cut at the end of May. I imagine they told us this early to allow some of us to self select out, and I'm more than happy to oblige them as the primary breadwinner of my family of 3.

Background highlights:
> 6 years of consulting engineering (not super interested in going back!)
> MBA
> 4+ years in Big Tech Program/Product Management, specializing in complex, multi-org transformation/growth/overhaul projects. Most of my time is working with software engineers, marketing/sales, senior leadership types, driving execution and owning 'mid-term' strategy (3-12 months planning cycles)
> Looking for senior-level Individual Contributor roles, typically my peers are front line/second line managers. (L6 in the Tech world speak). Don't mind managing, but prefer making an impact without the politics, as long as I also have mentorship opportunities with the junior team members.
> Program Manager/Product Manager/Product Ops Manager

Let me know if you have any leads. Thanks!

Edit: In North Austin suburbs, currently remote, will definitely do hybrid in Austin, and consider 5d in office for the right fit. Will also consider relocation if I’m part of the layoffs.

Update: got the boot back in May, been taking time off, but a few interviews are kicking so bumping this thread. Not in a rush, but still very open.

Thanks yall!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News