ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Data Center on our ranch

WTXRedRaider

Red Raider
Gold Member
Apr 5, 2021
My Dad and my uncle have been approached by a company out of Houston with a proposal to put in a data center for crypto mining and other data computing services in the center of our ranch. We are located south of San Angelo and have a 100 turbine windfarm on and around our property. 29 of the turbines are on us as well as the main substation. This company would like 15 or so acres next to the substation so they can hook up to that power source and of course the windfarm is pushing the idea as well so they can sell more power.

Here is where I'm looking for some RRS input. I have no idea what the monetary value is for leasing our land, using our roads, and uglying up our beautiful ranch land. The decision will ultimately be made by my dad, my uncle, my brother and I as we own the partnership that runs the ranch. They have given us one proposal that had an initial fee of $20K plus $7K a month and they would maintain our main private caliche road for 20 years. I've seen pictures of the facilities and my gut says the number is low but wanted some other input from anyone else who may have experience in dealing with this. Very different than the oil and wind agreements we already have in place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News