ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: Note on 2024 PG Jaylen Washington

B. Golan

Noted Texas Tech Recruiting Journalist
Staff
Aug 21, 2016
DFW

Lake Highlands PG Jaylen Washington committed to North Texas earlier in March. I reached out tonight to him (and several other UNT recruits/targets) for their thoughts on Grant McCasland, and Washington had some interesting things to say...

"He is a great coach and he is a winner. He is a great guy with a very good personality, and Coach Mac recruits winners no matter your size, your athleticism, none of that matters to him. If you can prove to him that you're a winner and will play hard every time out on the floor then you're the right guy for him. For example Tylor Perry, not the most athletic guy but he is a winner, he does what he needs to do for his team. He is just overall a great guy and a winner like I said!"

I then followed up with a 'congrats on your commitment to UNT a few weeks ago' and Washington added the following...

"Thank you and I don’t know if that’s where I’ll be going for sure because when I was getting recruited by coach Mac, he said if he left he would take me with him so we will see. We planned on getting on the phone tomorrow."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News