ADVERTISEMENT

SPITBALLIN' Final Whistle Feeling: Tarleton pres. by Sideline Provisions

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
This does not feel great. You win big and look excellent on defense, but I was extremely unimpressed from just about everything from your offensive unit. Once again, bullet point thoughts from me right now.

-Shough was extremely disappointing. He took an immense amount of time to get rid of the football a ton of times. There were multiple throws where I was absolutely astounded where the ball was going.

-In the limited stuff from Behren Morton, I was impressed with the ability to throw the ball and make quick decisions. His processer and release seem to be a touch quicker than Shough’s. He put some throws in dangerous positions, but overall, it was pretty solid. I doubt there will be much stock put into it, but that was the observation on my end. Not sure what happened on the throw to Loic that was picked, seemed like the wrong throw and an awful job from his WR.

-I was really impressed with the job Tahj Brooks did. Shocking that he got so few carries earlier this month, he looked really good. Hope we see more.

-The offensive line struggled again. I thought Wilburn and Mills were pretty bad throughout, but I’ll confirm that thought on tape. This group has improved from last year, but that doesn't mean they’re excellent.

-Defensively you were excellent. Dunlap had a great game, and I was super impressed with the youth. Esters, Horn, Jordan, Dingle, Dyson and McAlpine were really impressive, and it was a very encouraging thing. I know they’re likely to redshirt a good amount of these guys, but I hope we can see a few in some elevated roles this year and next.

-The pass rush has a problem, a major one. There is almost zero push or pressure on any snap. This was an offensive line that has struggled at the FCS level and for Tech not to have an at least competent day I disappointing to say the least. Was happy to see Myles Cole get home twice in the fourth quarter.

-Build on this and take it to WVU who is mightily struggling tonight.

xydfrfxwgpovgko6arvv

Owned and operated by Red Raiders, Sideline Provisions offers one of a kind items you can’t find anywhere else in the world. They are the original creator of the Guns Up logo and are the only place to get Dirk West original pieces.
Sideline Provisions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News