ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: A bit of what Adams said after Baylor...

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
This thread is sure to go well, but here's a bit of what Adams, Tyson and Walton said after the loss.

Kerwin Walton on what is going wrong for this team in his view:

"I'm not too worried about the offense, it was the defense for us. We scored enough points to win but we didn't get enough stops to win. I could've played better on defense, so could've everyone. That's all we care about right now."

Jaylon Tyson on his individual effort and how he can get better:

"Offensively, I feel good, it's gonna come. Defensively I gotta get more boards, bring more boards, crash harder, show more effort and play harder."

Adams on why the Bears got loose from beyond the arc and why he believes the rotations haven't been there (I asked this question, was trying to get an answer about Harmon):

"We've had success in the past, you know, last year in any way shape or form we can switch one to five and even our bigger guys last year, Bryson and Marcus were able to do that, and that's one way to play Baylor, not giving them those angles to get those three pointers off. We had some issues with Daws and Batcho, they're bigger, it was a matchup problem for us and we'll get it fixed."

On what he saw from the Baylor offense tonight:

"What what they do well is that they have three guards that have tremendous freedom, and then they had their big man who screens, rolls, and rebounds. The four man can shoot a little bit and he goes and rebounds. All these guys can shoot, off the dribble, catch and shoot, they're very good at it, we had hands in their face and they're making it."

On Walton's performance:

"He has a good feel on defense, even though he shoots the ball really well from three. He knows where to go and has some experience. It was a goal to get him worked in more tonight."

On how the team's trajectory:

"We'll get healthy. We wish we had a switch to turn the clock back to November, this would be a heck of a team come December, early January. But it is what it is and we've got to get ready for the next game. Don't give up on us, you're going to keep seeing us improve and I think we'll see a very tough team come February."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News