ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: Tadlock kicks off fall practice with optimism around 2024 roster pres. by Sideline Provisions

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Sitting here at Dan Law watching the first official practice of the 2023 fall for Tech baseball, but here's a good majority of what Tim Tadlock said prior to this. Will follow with some notes. I'm going to have decent access to scrimages this fall, so there will be more...

On the early fall:

"So far fall's gone just fine. We've really enjoyed watching them, really looking forward to watching how this team evolves. By no means right now are we a finished product. Got a lot of work to do between now and end of the spring."

On the new facility:

I think we're all really enjoying it. Really watching it again like kind of all come together. Still trying to finish the nutrition area and the cages. There's been many days the guys are they hang out in here quite a bit and it's definitely first class."

On both Washburn's health:

"Jack is throwing today and Owen is healthy, in the lineup today. Owen's been swinging the bat really good just in a batting practice setting and really hadn't had any simulated at bats and moving around the outfield pretty good."

On Kevin Bazzell:

"He's been working behind the plate. Really has been the plan pretty much through the spring last year. We kind of knew for his future that's what he needed to do even though we also saw him play third base just fine and he's been really just strictly just behind the plate."

On catchers:

"We've got four really good one's so we're going to see how it goes."

On LF/outfield situation:

"So we've got we've got six or seven guys competing out there. Got a number infielders could go out there. Talking about Damien Bravo, Owen Washburn, Gage Harrelson, Garrett Schroeder. There's quite a few guys that can go out there and play the outfield and really liked what we have out there. Going to see you know who who fits best where."

On replacing Hester:

"Yeah, his name has come up a few times. I mean, really Hester's a guy that you really did know what you're getting day in day out with him. And was definitely a guy that worked really hard at his craft and kind of evolved into being a really good leadoff hitter. We're going to have to develop that guy, for sure."

On starting staff possiblities:

"I think it's way too early. As soon as I say three guys, it could be three other ones. Zane Petty threw the ball really good this summer. He's a guy that you'd think would be in there. Jack Washburn, you'd think would be in there. Kyle Robinson, you'd think would be in there. So there's three names, but there's a whole bunch of other ones that got really good arms that can command the ball and again, like we're we're not really trying to pigeonhole anybody on exactly what they're gonna be right now. And you don't want to put limits on anybody. You what you want to do is try to put put the staff together the best you can and have a chance to win each day."

On Mason Molina's departure:

"Ask him. How's that? Do you want his number?"

xydfrfxwgpovgko6arvv

Owned and operated by Red Raiders, Sideline Provisions offers one of a kind items you can’t find anywhere else in the world. They are the original creator of the Guns Up logo and are the only place to get Dirk West original pieces.
Sideline Provisions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News