ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: Zach Kittley talks Behren Morton, offensive struggles pres. by Sideline Provisions

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
This outta go well...highlights from the Kittley presser...

On Morton and confidence in him:

"No, he's got full autonomy as well. We have full trust and full confidence in Behren. Now you may not see as much of it just because of kinda who Behren is a as a player but that doesn't take away. He got himself into a couple of plays there that worked out for us. And yeah, I think you'll see him go to work."

On playcalling changing for Morton:

"It's not gonna change a whole lot. He's been right there by my side and by Tyler's side the whole time. We got the game plan and had stuff game planned for Tyler and we came in we did the same stuff with Behren. I think the biggest thing you're gonna see with him, he's gonna be a little bit more of a gunslinger out there. So maybe with him not checking into some runs but we've got a lot of confidence in Behren."

On four plays from the WVU 11 in 4th quarter on Saturday:

"Yeah, you know, I mean, it's, it's always after the fact ideals. I look at those plays, we had guys open and they were good play calls. You look back at it, you have the timeouts. Do I wish I ran the ball? Sure, you know, but again, to me, what what makes me a little more upset. It's just the execution of the plays and the progressions. I was proud of how we played the second half to the first half was was an embarrassment. We didn't play very good. l had a lot of things there that we just didn't execute on. Second half that we played really well at Taj I mean, as you all know, ramped up two weeks in a row."

On Tahj:

"Yeah, I thought our o line played their best game of the year, especially in the run game. We've kind of gotten a couple of good play calls that we just honestly just kept running kind of over and over and over there towards the end. He was really patient and I thought he did a really good job. We're looking forward to feeding him on Saturday."

KITTLEY BEGINS AT 54:30 mark...

xydfrfxwgpovgko6arvv

Owned and operated by Red Raiders, Sideline Provisions offers one of a kind items you can’t find anywhere else in the world. They are the original creator of the Guns Up logo and are the only place to get Dirk West original pieces.
Sideline Provisions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News