ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: Wyoming transfer wing Brendan Wenzel talks TTU visit, what's next

B. Golan

Noted Texas Tech Recruiting Journalist
Staff
Aug 21, 2016
DFW

If you missed it earlier this week, Wyoming wing Brendan Wenzel took a visit to Texas Tech. The visit was an unofficial, as he was driving back from Wyoming to his home in San Antonio and decided to stop by Lubbock and check things out. Expect him to return for an official visit following the dead period which ends on April 12th.

Was able to exchange some messages with the 6-foot-7, 208 pound transfer about his visit and what's next for him as he narrows down his recruitment.

What’s the portal process been like? How many schools have reached out and how did Texas Tech get involved?

"The portal process has been just like it has in the past. Just hearing from a bunch of schools and a bunch of coaches from all over the country so it’s been exciting. Tech got involved when coach Braeuer reached out and then I started talking to him a lot and Coach Mac."

How was your visit at Texas Tech? Being from San Antonio is that a program you have any connections to?

"When I drove down to Texas from Wyoming, I drove through Lubbock so we just decided to to an unofficial here to let me see the facilities and all that since I was already going to be in town. Tech is sort of a program I have connections to, coach Mac and coach Linder (my coach at Wyoming) are pretty good friends and so Coach Mac watched a lot of our games just because him and Linder are so close so he was already familiar with my game. I’ve been here before with my sister and family cause my sister had a visit here back in like 7th grade so when I was here everything was a lot different haha."

What’s next for you recruiting wise? Any other visits planned?

"The next process is getting some official visits in, schools like SMU, TCU, Texas Tech, and Mississippi State are some officials I have lined up."

When would you like to have a final decision made by? Is Texas Tech a school you’re going to strongly consider moving forward?

"Tech is a school I’m considering but I am going to take my other visits and make my decision in the next month or 2."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News