ADVERTISEMENT

Who do we need to lose today?

SoCal Raider

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2002
Katy, TX
Well, I HATE it that I even have to worry about this stuff but we're at where we're at....yes, some of you think we are safely in regardless but there are also those of us who think we could be in a world of hurt if we lose today (particularly if we lost by double digits) AND in Game 1 of the Big 12 tournament (regardless of the margin).

Win today and we have ZERO to worry about (we can speculate then about maybe even climbing into a 7 seed range if we do that and then place top it off with 1-2 victories in the Big XII tournament....I think we're in if we win even ONE game in KC....but I am also of the view that we absolutely want to and NEED to get into the NCAA tournament under ANY circumstances (and that includes getting stuck in Dayton for a play-in game). ANYTHING can happen if we can just GET INTO the NCAA tournament.

So all that said, here is an initial list of teams to root against today (includes anybody who we could prospectively compete for those 1 or 2 final slots if we are going to be a close call)....by no means is than an inclusive list....just teams whose resumes might take a hit if they get beat today vis-a-vis the resume of our beloved team.

Texas
OU
Marquette (likely, like WVU in regardless by if they lost today to St. John's that would be a blow).
Utah State
Indiana
Purdue
Wichita State
Stanford
Xavier
Cincinnati
NC State
Arkansas
Memphis
Purdue
Tennessee
Arizona State

A lot easier to just worry about us but that's the kind of guy (neurotic when it comes to Texas Tech athletics) I am.

Reactions: TechSpur and Rolf C
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News