ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT: The New Age of Puritanism

Doc 20

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 28, 2002
The new Age of Puritanism is running rampant in our country and it makes me sad. A young teacher makes a mistake, a driver has an accident, a football player behaves atrociously, an actress forgets to engage her brain before commenting on something serious...and the public response? "He/she should NEVER be able to teach, drive, play, act again!!"
Really? Society should simply throw them to the side of the road, or better yet, burn them at the stake on live TV?! TV personalitites take special pleasure in generating personal commentary on these folks. It is very much a bully-pulpit. There's no room for rehabilitation, no chance for them to ever become a contributing member of society because of this one thing they have done.

Thank God that the numerous mistakes I have made in my life never fell before today's jury of public opinion. So many seem to take so much pleasure in railing against the wrongs others have done right now. It must make them somehow, strangely feel superior to the ones they so eagerly judge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News