ADVERTISEMENT

Up date on Soaring Club/ good

hubcityblack

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2005
First you should know you have some of the best soaring and flying in your area and I want to help you develop it.
Sorry for the mis types but I am 77 and have hand problems. I start a new post because I seem to cause so much irritation I want to make sure I contact the 10 or so that might be interested..

I bought a training glider, beautiful for Lubbock area yesterday here in DFW and they are coming to get it soon. I wire transferred the money yesterday, It is beautiful. Will be in West Texas soon. A Switzer 2-22. Was a picture of it in Trade a plane. Two Place trainer you can auto tow or winch or airplane tow, the best.
I was in contest at Littlefield once and low and hit a thermal that took me to 16,000,

I was a founder of the Soaring Club of Houston while I was in law school , 15 and now 200, I founded the Hamilton with 4 Nationally ranked pilots and world pilot Ken Sorenson, Hamilton Soaring Club SW of Waco 70 miles. Look at it Web pages. I was one of 2 founders, now 90.

I was a member of Texas Soaring ASS for a few years and it is 200 folk all good pilots. You make life long friendships doing this together. You have to have good eyes and good hand coordination and good judgement and intelligence.

At both those club are the finest pilots around. Most sailplane pilot are Airline and Military. I was a nationally ranked contest pilot at one time. never a dent in it. We had 6 astronauts' in our club in Houston. One told me he could never do what we did. Well he could if he had the time.

I will post again for you to send e mail to my son if you are interested. We prefer folks with sailplane ticket and then power pilots. WE are looking for a good airport within a hour drive. We have 3 we are visiting with seriously .

If some one is really interested go to SSA web page and look around. If you wan to go get your sailplane or instructors ticket contact Morority New Mexco group or Hobbs group.. If interested buy the book Joy of Soaring. You have a great resource there, the air equivalent of the Pacific ocean and not fishing swimming or swimming surfing. It is free! In the war Lubbock had the most flying day of any place but someplace in Arizona. You Soarable days are 50 percent and you can do some on the right winter days.

We want info so we can try to manage group and safe growth. We would love to find some one in the area we could two the glider with instead of car tow. Sorry for all the irritation I seem to cause. Just not good at this with hand issues. Hubcity I will repost my sons e mail for info we need. or question later to day. My Contest number was EK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.