ADVERTISEMENT

Underrated WTX kids

Baby D Double T

Red Raider
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2018
Since we aren't playing this weekend and I'm bored out of my mind already, let's see some prospects you think might not be as well known despite amazing play in west Texas. I suggest you guys go to their HUDLs and watch the game highlights for each individual games this year. You can see that these kids have immense talent. Who do you guys have as underrated in WTX?

My #1 will always be Elijah McCoy from Midland High. After putting up big numbers last season, he has picked up where he left off last season. Kid has 821 yds and 14 TDs halfway through the season and has sat for 4 quarters in 5 games due to blowouts. He consistently runs sub 10.8 100M and reminds me of Midland High alum Baron Batch in size, speed and running style. Currently committed to UTEP but if we are still going after 2025 RBs, I would really like to give the kid a chance. Joey and Co. are very familiar with him so I don't think an offer will come if it hasn't already.

Wyatt Holmstrom from Seminole is a straight baller. Kid already has 1764 yards passing to 21 TDs and 3 Ints while adding 308 yds and 2 TDs on the ground halfway through the season. This is following a junior year where he passed for 3221 yds 41-8 and ran for 576 yds and 7 TDs as a junior. He is undersized and obviously we are good at QB, I just like watching good QB play and he has been fun to follow. We have also offered his teammate Chase Elrod, a 2026 OL.

Gavin Black from Permian has been balling this season. My nephew played with him and told me this kid would break out this season. 1044 yards and 15 TDs on just 123 carries, 5 games into the season? That's insane! He is just a junior so plenty of time to get on people's radar but the kid is a pretty big back who runs around 11 second 100M. I can see a future in which he gets some FBS looks.

And probably my favorite kid to keep tabs on is JaeSean Debouse from Andrews, TX. Electric kid, a little bit on the smaller side at 5'10 170 lbs but he is tough to take down at that level of competition. Has run sub 11 second 100M so he has wheels and has started for multiple seasons at Andrews despite being just a Jr.

What are some of yours? I'm always interested in finding West Texas kids to follow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.