ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: Two Docs Brewing Co. Post-Practice Takeaways - 08/13/2021

B. Soliz

B. Vegas
Staff
Aug 7, 2017
Lubbock
Fall camp is going by quick just like Two Docs' new brew - Six Day IPA, a Norwegian IPA that hits at a 6.6% abv. Here we go with takeaways.

u8pepqdnixffrl41ot22

Offense:

- Donovan Smith's pass has some high hangtime to it but I'll be damned if he might not be the most accurate QB on the roster. He was dropping deep dimes today.

- With that said, Tyler Shough, EZ, SaRodorick, Price and Trey Cleveland were key starters today who ran with the ones. The coaches seemed to have another rotation of ones, though, with Gieger and Fouojni in the lineup.

- EZ and SaRodorick were mixed into live practice, which is no contact for a majority of what the media sees, but were then pulled as they are limited still healing from injury.

- Speaking of Price, he did line up in the backfield at one point. Love to see some trickery, moving around on offense and Cumbie could be introducing that early.

Defense:

- Ones looked to consist of a rotation as well. My eye was on Dadrion Taylor-Demerson and Reggie Pearson Jr. at starting safety. I believe I spotted Eric Monroe inside the Football Training Facility with coach Scholz today, which could be a sign of injury or some sort of setback. Collin Schooler was in there at LB with Bouyer-Randle as well. Riko was in too and was blitzing off the edge. Would love to see an aggressive blitzing unit. The linebackers in the ones seemed to be in some sort of rotation as well.

- I can't express how excited I am for Demarcus Fields and Adrian Frye. Watch out for those veterans. They're taking in coaching and coaching up younger players through drills. Kobee Minor was also in the mix with the twos as well as Rayshad Williams. Both had some coaching up moments from Derek Jones. Coach Jones seemed to be on Williams about keeping his hunger and calling him out in drills to "play like a cheetah and hunt" and "to be hungry."

- Philip Blidi might be a big key on the defensive line. They need the depth progression and he's been showing signs of improvement. He was wrapping up and stuffing the ball carrier today. I've seen some good stuff from him so hoping he'll be beneficial this season in any capacity.

Side note:

- We've seen NFL scouts throughout practice these past days. I saw the Saints have a guy out there and today I saw a Denver Broncos scout. He was taking notes everywhere beginning next to where I was standing by the DBs.

That will be it guys. Scrimmage No. 1 is closed but is taking place tomorrow. Come out and see me at Two Docs today from 4-midnight or from noon-8 p.m. tomorrow! Cheers!

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News