ADVERTISEMENT

Total Collapse - Questions

redmondson

Red Raider
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2008
Austin
I've seen a lot of failures in my 60+ years of watching Tech Football, but this was a complete as any of them. It was not about the x's and o's.
First, I remember where no opposing coach would want the misfortune of playing a Spike Dykes team coming out of a bye. Did this team and coaches go on vacation the past two weeks? What did the coaching staff do to this team. Could they not see it coming?
Second, Aranda was a model of motivation and game planning. Does our guy have a clue on how to motivate this team. Does anyone else on the staff? One might expect one group to have an off day and the other two pick them up. But everyone seemed to be queueing up to get back into the locker room all night.
Third, the previous game made me believe that maybe we had recruited well and had depth. I'm no longer sure of that. If our talent level is average the coaching has to be above average. I remember when the ATX paper said that if UT had Coach Dykes' staff they would win the natty every year. I am wondering if we have a Power 5 staff?
Fourth, the "game plan" was AOL. Neither the offense or defense was prepared for what Baylor brought. How could that happen?
Fifth, Hate to call out individual players in this post, but Morton does not have the arm to be QB1. You can tell by his delivery and the lack of pace on the ball that his shoulder is not right. But, if it is "healed" it was never really that good. Does the staff see the same thing?
Sixth, not sure with the team effort that play calling mattered, but it was a suspect as ever. Does the team believe in the plays called?
Seventh, I wonder if the level of intensity last night was an indication of the change that NIL and transfer portal has brought? Players no longer play for the institution or for the fan base. Do they wear the jersey to get a paycheck? Are they looking upfield or at the portal?

The game last night was so complete in its failure that one has to wonder if there is a future with the administration and staff that are in place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.