ADVERTISEMENT

This was a good/great win!

dykesgoodnerslayton

Rookie Red Raider
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2023
Winning Big 12 games is hard. Ask KState. Will Ariz State win a natty anytime soon? No. But that back is as good as anyone we will see and their defense is punishing. 17-10 at half and shutting them down is a man's job. The whining about screens, lack of points is bogus. Mahones scored a bunch......Why does Joey win at the end of the year, his culture adapts to the talent, or lack there of.

Behren is trying too hard - he missed on about 4/5 1st downs with his checks and trying to show off the Howitzer. When he lets the club do the work (golf reference i have to be reminded of) and let the offense roll, he's fine - see UNT. He did enough to win, and will be better as he goes. He's still young. I think Ktley is a dude - his qb needs to be better. When he doesnt set his feet and forces, he's average. But, this defense is something to talk about. Special Teams - fugetaboutit. Culture will always win out - good or bad. Joey is a culture guy.

Not playing Micah even though everyone on here is much smarter than Mcguire - thats a culture move. He's not ready and Joey wont sacrifice him.

The antithesis is TCU - he's a flavor of the month recruiter and 0 culture. When it falls, it all falls. Ironic the guy that is at SMU is a culture guy and whipped him with it.

I'm not sure what happened after Wash state, but the team changed. This week is just as big. Cinci will bring it - please say we are in all black - I am right now and will be through Saturday night. See you in Lubbock! Wreck Em!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.