ADVERTISEMENT

Things I don't understand about football this season

Rolf C

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2004
  1. If the sticks are 8 yards away, Tech receivers run 5 yards routes. This happened all all all season and I don't get it. It's practically a math equation: Route = Line to gain - 3 yards. You could set your watch to it.
  2. If you drew a box from the left hash to the right hash, from the line of scrimmage plus 20 yards, no Tech receiver will run there. It's like that ground was poison or a sacred burial ground. I see NFL teams make a living in this box.
  3. Brooks had a great season but in my gut it feels like he should have had a lot more carries. Maybe not, he did have a lot of carries and a lot of yards, but I remember many times wishing he'd get the ball and he didn't.
  4. I never recovered, as a fan, from the loss at Wyoming. I didn't. I thought Tech would go on there and win easily, then they got up 17 points lickity split and I was feeling good and then the bottom fell out. That end of game feeling has stayed with me all season. Good teams don't lose to Wyoming.
I'm glad they are playing a Bowl game. Go have great practices, get healthy, and win that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News