ADVERTISEMENT

The cake is still gooey

ALL HANDS

Matador
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2010
My assessment no one asked for, and I’m not qualified to give.

My wife and are are YouTube cooking disasters. We both find some bad ass recipe, the video makes it look so simple, the end product delicious, and we go out and spend more on groceries than if we had eaten out, “to eat at home as a family”. The results however, 9/10 times are the cook time is never what they say it is, it takes way longer than we planned, and we end up eating a delicious meal, at 9PM.

My assessment is our cake is still gooey. We knew Joey inherited a mess or Wells would still be here. We know sometimes coaches turn around Program fast, but conventional wisdom says the staff will need their recruits to be upper class man. But….
-man we finished strong last year, maybe we are getting that elusive v shaped bottom
-man we are recruiting good, maybe our underclassman will blossom early
-man the coaching staff is hyping this 2nd year. They are still gooey too, and we should know that.
-man that QB room looks epic. Now it’s a mash unit
-but that improved defense tho! Still largely Wells talent with better coaching.
-all those skill players back. Very few if any look like the caliber of skill we are recruiting now.

I for sure think the OC is gooey as hell, but between unknown QB line checks , injuries, and inexperience, I’m just not sure yet how gooey. But he has had an experienced QB and two newbs, and it all looks disjointed. If he is not careful, the edges of this cake will be burned and he will get the tooth pick.

TLDR: losing sucks, the teases are maddening, and I’m confident you are sick of hearing it. Nothing that has been typed here however angrily isn’t something I didn’t yell at the TV Saturday. But this was always a rebuild, the recruiting says you will have the talent you need to rebuild the roster, and what we always knew we had in coaches (talented but inexperienced) are clearly still gooey, but damn the outcome could be delicious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News