ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech Softball Portal Discussion Thread

shelbyrss12

Red Raider
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
Got messages on this so posting it here for everyone at once cause.... time. Roster Update for those wanting to wishlist your little portal hearts away with remaining spots. How many remaining spots is tricky to know in softball with the weird scholly limits but im guessing he will carry around 22ish on the team (could see it being more in year one) so using that as my reference. Y’all go crazy tho If you want more.

Returners As of 6/23 (class listings based on next year):
Demi Elder OF, Sr. - Clutch. hit .309 with 11 doubles, 1 triple and 6 HRs in 2024
Raegan Jennings 2B, So.- All-Big 12 Freshmen team in 2024 hitting .327 with 8 doubles, 1 triple and 2 home runs
Aubrey Barnhart UTL, Jr. -277 avg with two doubles, 7 home runs and 23 RBI. Had a number of HUGE moment HRs or other hits.
Logan Halleman OF, So. - All-Big 12 Freshmen team 2024, .341 avg across 88 ABs and 18 stolen bases
Jenna Lord UTL, Jr - sat out 2024 as transfer from Ole Miss former Top 20 recruit
Sage Hoover RHP, Jr - Sat out 2024 with injury, was suppose to be our ace this past season prior to that. In 2023 held a 3.14 ERA with 111 strikeouts and only 26 walks in 100 IP. Two career no-hitters.
Maddie Kuehl RHP, Sr. - like her stuff a lot tbh, she needs the right pitching coach to finally get the consistency from her.
Mimi Blackledge UTL/RHP, So. - good moments as fish in circle, also can hit but didnt see that much
Ranci Willis RHP, Sr. - pitched sparingly, did have CG win over Kansas in conference

Incoming Freshmen As of 6/23:
Brenlee Gonzales (11th ranked Pitcher Extra Innings)
Kiley Huffman (19th ranked OF)
Cassie Johnson (17th ranked Catcher)
Samantha Lincoln (17th ranked pitcher)
Bailey Lindemuth (11th ranked pitcher +UTL)
Sydney Shiller (18th ranked OF)
Hailey Toney (10th ranked infielder)

That's 16 players currently. Plenty of room for portal additions. Needs on paper: catcher, SS, OF, 3B (i think maybe Lord can play here but unsure so putting it on here), + never have enough pitching. Freshmen certainly could show out and win some of those jobs but I'd imagine we want to bring in some more veterans to help them along if possible. I'll try to update as any changes happen but I got bills to pay and things to do so grab a notepad or something. 😇

Alright happy portal shopping y'all.🫡

Latest Updates:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News