ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech Soccer 2023 Season

shelbyrss12

Red Raider
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
Didn't see one of these started but delete if there is one. They kicked off practice this week and have their first exhibition game next Friday at Denver which has become a bit of a tradition as it's a good chance to get a lot of our Colorado players back home in front of their families for a game.....plus continues to let us find success recruiting in that market. Then first home game is against New Mexico State on August 20th.

Big 12 only got tougher with the new additions and has 4 teams in the pre-season top 25, with Texas Tech having the honor of playing all four and three being on the road. The one home game is a big one though against #9 TCU at home on Oct 8. Circle that one as one to check out if you can only make one but hopefully you can make some more! Jealous I don't live close as soccer games were some of the best athletic events to go to during my days at Tech....they were also one of the only successful programs during my college days so theres that lol RIP 2009-2013.

Last year was a down year but they seem to have a promising group on paper this season, especially on that back line. Almost all of them including the keeper have All-Big 12 accolades to their name in some form. And we return our leading goal scorer up front plus brought in a forward from SEC champ Vanderbilt who was second on the team for them in goals.

At any rate should be a fun go and those games are always a fire atmosphere. Add in that new real grass pitch and I'm excited to see them go to work!! Have had a chance to chat with a couple of them now with more in the works and they are an intense highly competitive group of athletes.

Wreck 'em!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News