ADVERTISEMENT

Tell Tell Signs of a Train Wreck in Progress.

redmondson

Red Raider
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2008
Austin
Putting all the creepy discussion of the coaches personal life aside, there are signs that the current situation is not an aberration. Let's start with Perry leaving last year. With his head coaching and recruitment experience he was probably not happy with the quick trigger on Adams. His offense was not a ton better than this year, but it was better and more disciplined. Then let's look at recruiting. I agree with the announcers on today's game that there is a lot of talent on the bench. I would argue that as much talent as last year's team. True no go-to guy but still a talent deficit does not explain our record. Adams went heavy on high school recruiting and that is good but a big bet that he could coach them up and keep them from going one and portal. That bet may be a bad one. The transfers have not made a meaningful contribution. When it was obvious that the transfers were not going to earn their keep, Adams should have gone all in on the Freshmen to break the seal and get them experience.
If the offense is a reflection of the coach, then Green has failed. Same for the defense. Read the body language of the players but more so the staff. Pinkins seems to the be only guy being vocal from the bench. The other guys seem bored, Sutton looks like he is frustrated, and Adams is locked in a perpetual self hug. At least Adams finally got on the refs today about something. There is a vibe of contempt coming from the team. Players are regressing not progressing. Batcho was on the way up and has fallen back almost to the level he was at last year. I know this has to play out, but Kirby had better have a plan B or Womble and the other guys who ponied up money for the program will have their way with him, too. Remember Cody had to insert himself in the Football program. When you win you have good players. When you lose you're a sorry coach. That rule hasn't changed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News