ADVERTISEMENT

LINK: Tech Talk Interview: Phil Steele

B. Soliz

B. Vegas
Staff
Aug 7, 2017
Lubbock
Phil Steele, college football analysts and producer of Phil Steele's College Football Preview, spoke with Dickens and Level today on Double T 97.3 FM.

LINK

Linked is where you can find the audio to the entire interview. However, here's a short transcription of what Steele said about Texas Tech football.

Thoughts on Texas Tech this season:

"I'm actually pretty pumped about Texas Tech this year – and a lot of that has to do with the defense. First of all addressing the quarterback, generally it seems whoever they plug in is going to have a big season. McLane Carter, Jett Duffey both contending for the job so it should be a very interesting battle. It might come right down to the wire there. But, a good supporting cast. Bringing in a guy like Seth Collins from Oregon State at the receiver position. The offensive line looks solid but the thing that excites me is when's the last time Texas Tech was known for its defense? 10 returning starters on the defensive side of the ball. We saw great improvement last year, going from 554 yards per game to 444. This year I think you look at a guy like Eli Howard, Broderick Washington up front, Dakota Allen at linebacker, a veteran secondary. I actually got Texas Tech rated as my 47th linebackers in the country. It'll be interesting to see what this team can do with the defense to go along with what we know will be a potent offense."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News