ADVERTISEMENT

Tech’s Remaining Schedule

finsraider07

Techsan
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2010
Some thoughts on our remaining schedule for the bye week:

Vs Baylor
While we have the bye week to prep, so does Baylor. Our offense is fairly simple, and I expect Aranda to have a solid gameplan. I’m expecting their best game to date.

@ TCU
Similar to @Arizona, there won’t be much of a home field advantage. They’re going to want this game bad. Sonny will want something to sell the fanbase, and a win over Tech is it.

@Iowa State
I have no expectations for this game. Easily our toughest of the season. ISU has 2 weeks to prep for this game.

Vs Colorado
This is a “Trust DeRuyter” game. I have a lot of faith in him to contain Hunter and selectively attack their OL.

@ Oklahoma State
Been a fan long enough to know not to take this game lightly, but OSU has substantial issues at key positions. Probably the most winnable game we’ve had against them in a long time.

Vs West Virginia
Greene scares me, and the crowd will be light on Thanksgiving weekend.

The defense has taken massive strides forward. Massive. Were still pretty reliant on Lux to contain the other teams best receiver, which is why I’d rest him vs Baylor and TCU. We need him at 100% against the back portion of our schedule.

The offense has an identity. We take care of the ball, lean on Tahj to be Tahj and rely on our receivers to convert a few deep balls every game to keep the defense honest. Somehow the OL does enough. The Clay McGuire hire has paid off IMO.

Before the season, I had us at 9-3, and that’s probably still where I have us (closing out 4-2). 3-3 is more likely than 5-1, but this staff has a pattern of finishing strong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.