ADVERTISEMENT

Starting to See the Depth

MacRed

Ŧhe Dust Coast
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2021
I don’t know how good this Tech Football team will be… Saturday was fun, maybe it was a potential turning point, but I think 7-5 is extremely realistic. (Although I think the talent is much better than that)

One thing that got illuminated Saturday is we really are starting to see the upgrade in players and the benefit of the recruiting classes under Joey. There is some real talent, athleticism and depth at every position now.

Both sides of the ball too, underclassmen all over making plays and being key factors in Saturdays game.

Defense, check out that stat sheet… Chapman Lewis, Jayden Cofield, Jordan Sanford, John Curry, Macho Stevenson, Ben Roberts etc… you were lead by freshman and sophomores

Offensively Cam Dickey had 75 and a TD, J’Koby Williams looked real good too, Coy Eakin is only a Soph…

And this connection could be lethal:
Hammond to Hudson

I mean seriously, the zip on that ball from Hammond and the hands by Hudson…👀

This team has the talent to win more than 7 games this year, I just worry that something is broken on the coaching side, to come out as flat as we did the first two games. Hopefully we don’t waste Kelly, Conyers, Brooks etc.

But damn if this team isn’t talented. We are really starting to see those recruiting classes come to fruition. The youth on this team is serious. There’s real depth on this program for the first time in a long damn time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.