LIVE CHAT Spring Ball Starts Today: Ask Me About Football

T. Beadles

Swaggy Beadles
Staff
Dec 8, 2012
Lubbock
Just some things I'm wondering about

• How improved with the O Line be?
    • I don't think theres a question, barring injury, that this unit will be improved, but to what extent? Last year, if the defense knew we needed to run it/pass it, there was a very slim chance we were winning that battle. Can we get that to 50/50? I think that would be the difference in wins/losses
  • What's the plan at ILB if Kosi doesn't get his waiver?
    • Rodriguez and....? You've got some young guys I know they are high on, but that spot worries me. I am, however, finding confidence in the way Bookbinder turned Kosi into a guy I will be missing this year if he doesn't get the waiver. Maybe I'm worried about nothing
  • How will the defense generate sacks?
    • Even with Tyree most of the season, Tech still ranked 125th in pass down sack rate. Some of this is scheme, but having a guy that can win a 1 on 1/2 when everyone knows the offense is going to throw the ball is valuable. This hurt quite a lot last season.
  • How improved can this offense be?
    • Tech ranked 47th in FootballOutsiders OFEI rating, that's not good enough. We all know the reasons why (offensive line, lack of speed, QB injuries, turnovers), but if there is improvement in those areas... how high can we climb? And what does that mean for the overall record?
  • What does "handling success/expectation" look like?
    • This is, unfortunately, new territory for this program. There is expectation, there is excitement, there has been success... can that be harnessed to foster more success? I trust McGuire and his staff to do it, but I do have that Baylor game in my head

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News