ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: Some scouting notes on the latest Tech baseball commits pres. by Treeline Vacation Rentals

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Been a while since I’ve done something like this, but Texas Tech has landed four recent pitching commitments that all have very projectable ceilings.

First, we’ll start with the lone 2023 commitment who will land in Lubbock in a few weeks.

2023 RHP Parker Hutyra - Birdville HS (TX)

Hutyra was trimmed from Oklahoma’s 2023 class a few weeks back, and the Red Raiders landed him in a tightly contested recruiting battle.

With one of the best east-west sliders in the state, Hutyra generates a ton of strikeouts with 100-plus strikeouts in his last three seasons of high school baseball. He was anear the top of the 2022 HS leaderboard with Tech RHP Zane Petty.

Hutyra pairs the frisbee slider with a dirty two-seamer that reminds me quite a bit of Josh Sanders pitch-mix now.

2024 RHP Jonathan Christner – V.R. Eaton HS (TX)

Christner works from a low 3/4 slot with some quality life to the pitch mix, despite topping at 90 and living in the high-80s with the fastball.

His secondaries play up, a quality changeup that he lands for a strike consistently along with a sweeping slider that will make for an east-west profile.

2024 RHP Connor Mohan - Burleson Centennial (TX)

Mohan is a very over the top arm, a 6-foot-3 frame that gets down the mound very well. He possesses a fastball in the high-80s that might be able to play up with some more velocity.

He has three secondaries including a slider that has a traditional shape, a looping curveball and a changeup that falls off the table well.

Very projectable arm that should develop in his senior season ahead of getting to campus.

2024 RHP Will Jordan – Weatherford (TX)

In my opinion, this is a bit more refined version of Mohan. Jordan works from a 6-foot-5 frame where the arm slot is extremely over the top where he hides the ball well.

The biggest thing that stands out to me is the strong slider, that has major deception since it breaks extremely close to the plate. With a strong fastball and some solid secondaries, he gets a ton of strikeouts.

IMG_5914.jpeg

Be sure to book with TreeLine Vacation Rentals if you are in need of a Broken Bow, Oklahoma cabin rental. All Red Raiders get a 25% discount and direct booking with no additional fees.

TreeLine Vacation Rentals – Broken Bow, OK

Craig Crawford (@crawfordTT)
214-228-0892

TreeLine Owner craig@vacationtreeline.com

TreeLine can also build, sell & manage investment properties in Broken Bow -- one of the best investment opportunities in the nation right now!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News