ADVERTISEMENT

So we got exposed to Covid at Thanksgiving.

martaylo

Techsan
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2012
Had my dad's side of the family over for Thanksgiving last night. All was well, everyone had a good time, the food was good, etc. Then someone there let's us know she just got tested for Covid and was awaiting test results. At that point I think everyone was a little taken back but it was too late to do much of anything about it since we'd all already hugged and spent time together, so we just kinda made some jokes and moved on hoping for the best. About 20 minutes after she left she texted to let us know that she just got called with her results and she was positive.

At this point I think a few of us are ready to kick her out of the family. Who TF does something like that? Anyway, I guess we're all (my family of 5, but 14 people total) stuck at home for 2 weeks at least. Looking into getting tested come Monday. Seems like there's not much else to do but wait around and monitor symptoms and hope for the best. We're really hoping that whatever sickness ran through our house this summer was Covid and we still have antibodies. I'm just pretty pissed about the way it happened and wanted to get it out. With all the mask wearing and hand washing and social distancing for 8 months.... and I get it from a family member's GF who didn't bother to tell us she's awaiting test results until after she'd hugged and talked with all of us.

Edit: we were her 2nd Thanksgiving of the day and she was on the way to her 3rd when she got the call. I mean... seriously wtf?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News