ADVERTISEMENT

Simone Biles Quits on her Team -- and we're supposed to cheer?

DFWRaider2

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 28, 2004
DFW
I know this probably sounds heartless and cruel because God knows in this day and age sayings like "Never Quit" is passe'. In fact now I bet if I walked outside and yelled "Never Quit!" I'd be called a racist.

Simone in the middle of the finals quit. She just quit. Her performance to that point had been below her expectations and she was frustrated. In the old days that's when great athletes turn on the determination and go out and do the very best they can. They haven't always won, but they could always say they gave it everything they had.

Simone quit. She went and changed clothes, got something to drink, and stood on the sidelines clapping as her teammates, who didnt quit, went out and finished the rest of the event.

And everything I've been hearing today is how brave she is. Initially they made an excuse for her that she had been injured and that's what forced her to quit. But then it came out that there was no injury, she was just stressed and decided she needed to quit for her mental health. The poor girl who has millions in endorsements and was selected to represent her country in the Olympics quit because she was stressed.

I could understand people having empathy for her -- I definitely can understand quitting at that point because I'm sure the pressure for an Olympic athlete is tremendous It's hard, it's stressful. If it wasn't we'd all be Olympic athletes with millions in endorsements.

But instead of people having empathy for her, and feeling bad for her and feeling bad for the teammates she let down, people are making an example of her and applauding her for QUITTING.

It's absolutely unbelievable that we live in a time when criminals are let free, people who break the law entering our country are celebrated (unless they are running from a Communist regime, then they're bad people), and now someone who quits on her team and country in the finals of the olympics is someone we should all be celebrating. It's nuts.

Reactions: E.G. Raider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News