ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Mark Adams Immediate Reaction After Firing (article's word, not mine)

DFWRaider2

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 28, 2004
DFW
His comments were classy.

Mark Adams’ immediate reaction to Texas Tech firing after controversial interaction with player​

Published March 9, 2023 at 10:38 AM CST

By Matt Wadleigh · 2 min read
Google News LogoFollow Us
Texas Tech Red Raiders Mark Adams firing basketball

The NCAA Tournament is a few days away, and some programs are making tough decisions regarding head coaches. One change was evident for the past couple of days, and it became official as Texas Tech and Mark Adams parted ways, according to Jeff Goodman of Stadium.

“Texas Tech has parted ways with Mark Adams, sources told @Stadium. Adams has been suspended after a conversation in which he used inappropriate language with one of his players.”

After the decision came down, Adams released a statement, per the official release:

“My lifelong goal was to help and be a positive influence on my players, and to be a part of the Texas Tech men’s basketball team. However, both the University and I believe this incident has become a distraction for the Texas Tech men’s basketball team and the University, which I care about so deeply.”

Adams had been suspended recently for using inappropriate language and sending a racially insensitive Bible verse to a player. As such, it was reported that many players wouldn’t return if Adams remained coach, per Goodman.

RECOMMENDED
Texas Tech West Virginia prediction, Texas Tech West Virginia pick, Texas Tech West Virginia odds, Texas Tech West Virginia, how to watch Texas Tech West Virginia

Big 12 Tournament Odds: Texas Tech vs. West Virginia prediction, pick, how to watch – 3/8/2023

Matthew Zemek · 21 hours ago
mark adams, texas tech, texas tech basketball, texas tech coach, mark adams texas tech

Texas Tech coach Mark Adams suspended for ‘racially insensitive comment’

Jack Tien-Dana · 3 days ago
Texas Tech Kansas prediction

College Basketball Odds: Texas Tech vs. Kansas prediction, pick, how to watch – 2/28/2023

Dominik Zawartko · 1 week ago
“A significant number of the Texas Tech returning players had told the administration that they would not return if Mark Adams was the coach next season.”

With Adams leaving Lubbock, Grant McCasland from North Texas and Paul Mills from Oral Roberts have emerged as the favorites for the job, and things should move quickly with a lot at stake for the Red Raiders program. This also comes a day after reports swirled about Chris Beard emerging as a candidate for the Ole Miss job after he was dismissed at Texas, so the Longhorn state will see two new head coaches.

Tag: Texas Tech Basketball
Matt Wadleigh_headshot

About the Author​

Matthew Wadleigh was born and raised in Oceanside and resides in Fresno. He lives with his wife and two dogs. He is a huge Southern California sports fan and a retired member of the Fresno State drumline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News