ADVERTISEMENT

Shout out to all of you that are staying

TraderRaider

Techsan
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2004
Fort Worth
till the game ends. Thank you!!!

You have been doing it all year and it looks and sounds so much better than years past.. I never understood the people that spend the time and money it takes to get to the Jones and once the game starts they can't wait to get out. If that's your thing, more power to ya. But when half the crowd disappears in the third quarter, it looks bad, imo. Even in blowouts. I love to see the guys that don't get to play that much.

Thanks again, to all you guys that take the time to get yourself and you family and friends to the game, not to mention the money, and stay till the game is over.

Maybe that will be a new tradition. And really you never know what is going to happen. I wonder how many Baylor fans went to Florida today and left early. I'm guessing they regret it.

I remember the hottest game I ever saw anywhere. Jones Stadium vs NC State. Tech looked like Ned in the first grade reader for most of the game, and got way behind. We were staying in the Motel 6 across the street (yes, that place) and my wife (we're both closer to 70 than 60 so.no pic necessary) was sick from the heat and Tech getting their head handed to them, went back to the hotel, but I stayed. Long story short, if Robert Treece had made a very makeable FG (less than 40 yards, no wind at all, dead still) Tech would have won that game in regulation. He misses and we lose in OT. BUT it was a great finish to game that I think a lot of people would have enjoyed if they stayed.

Great job to those of you that went to todays game. I was impressed.

NOTE: I have never met Robert Treece and I am sure he was. and still is, a good dude and I know he did make some big FGs for us when he was here. Not dumping on that young man at all. For all I know the snap or hold could have been bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News