ADVERTISEMENT

Several weekend box score (baseball) observations

VMredraider12

Baylor Hater
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2011
Disclaimer: I didn't watch this weekend... becuase LHN, you know. So these observations are strictly from the box scores and what I could put together via twitter.

Pitching:
  • Texas scored 21 runs on the weekend.
  • 9 of those runs scored came via the homerun.
  • 6 of those runs came via walk or HBP. Either the runner who scored was originally walked and batted around or via a base loaded walk.
Batting:
  • Hester was fantastic at the plate this weekend. 6-11 with 3 RBI.
  • Harrelson/Bazzell/Green (2,3,4 in the lineup) were absent at best going 3-33 on the weekend with 11 Ks and only 1 RBI. All three hits were in the Friday night contest.
  • The 5/6 places in the line up were solid going 10-20 with 5 RBI and 3 HR. Most of the production came from Kash, but Coleman, Washburn and Woodcox chipped in as well.
  • 7/8/9 in the lineup went 6-33 on the weekend with 7 Ks and 3 RBI. Tracer Lopez was phenomenal over the weekend both in the field and the plate as 4 of those 6 hits came from him.
  • Tech hit .167 with runners on base this weekend. That's .167 as in 9 for 54.
Fielding:
  • Overall the fielding was much better this weekend than your normal weekend of late. Tech only committed one error according to the box score which was attributed to Austin Green. However, I think Washburn dropped a fly ball that directly lead to run(s) by Texas. Apparently it was scored a hit by the UT statistician.
  • No passed balls on the weekend. But Devine did commit a balk and then uncorked the very costly wild pitch on Saturday costing us the ballgame.
Miscellaneous:
  • Via Keith Patrick at Red Raider Dugout, this is only the 5th time in Tadlock's 11 seasons that his team has been swept in a 3 game set. 2013 at KState, 2014 at Kansas, 2015 at Cal State Fullerton, 2022 at TCU and 2023 at Texas. All on the road is the theme there. Which if there is a place to get swept... its better to be on the road than at home.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News