ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage: what will you be looking for?

fivedaughters

Matador
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2004
San Antonio
Since tomorrow is basically the only time we have to see the kids since last November, what position groups/individuals, etc are you most interested
arrow-10x10.png
[/URL] in watching?
Certainly we need improvement in several areas (and we need to stay healthy in all areas!!!). I'll be most interested
arrow-10x10.png
[/URL] in:

1) Development of each quarterback--since Mahomes has been playing baseball, and since Webb is recovering, we may not get a great evaluation here, but it should still be telling. I'm also eager to was Simmonek to see if he is an adequate backup
arrow-10x10.png
[/URL].

2) O line--while most of you have been more impressed with their play last year than I was (way too many penalties), they should be the strength of the team in 2015, imo. That said, I am particularly interested in some of the battles among the top seven linemen as well as how well they play against our D line. Going against a group that you go against everyday in practice may not be the best barometer, but it's the only one we've got. And can we cut down on our penalties???

3) D line--do we have some kids who can contribute through an entire series without getting gassed? Has their strength improved? How does our pass rush look? This is always tricky in the spring since they can't actually hit the qb, but I'm interested in seeing how quickly they can get into the backfield.

5) Linebackers--some new faces. I want to see Atoe and Mitchell, hoping that we might see the possibilities of an improvement in speed and athleticism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News