ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday (June 29) was my 50th Birthday and my family knocked it out of the park

Matador96

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 14, 2005
My daughter (Scarlett) is in the Graphic Design program. She created a poster—on her own, no class project—that was Joey’s speech in the locker room to the team before the Iowa State game in 2022. (The Heat is in the tool. The battle is between your ears.) She listened to the cinematic recap several times to get the text of the speech, then created the poster. A few weeks ago, when Zach was at Tech camp, Blanchard, Huffman, and Joey saw it and loved it. Long story short, she reached out to Joey and got him to autograph the poster, and then she framed it.

As awesome as that is, my wife, Scarlett, and Zach also reached out to replace my official Tech Class Ring that was stolen several years ago. I will get my ring in the Fall of 2024. To say I was emotional about that is an understatement.

Sorry for the “Dear Facebook” post, but damm when you see the Texas Tech pride in your kids and family, it’s a really cool thing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News