ADVERTISEMENT

roof/hail advice

ttu4

Matador
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
I will try and make this as short as possible. Live in DFW, had multiple hail storms over the past 16 months. Everyone in my neighborhood has gotten a new roof expect me, or at least that's the way it feels. I filed a claim with my carrier, Allstate, many months ago and after two separate representatives came out (allegedly the first guy lost his photos), they ultimately denied it saying that there was damage on the gutters but not the roof. I am not sure how that is possible. My roofer was on the roof with them on both occasions. My roofing contractor wasn't willing to give up, and neither was I, and so they came out and did a drone AI report that showed all the hail strikes on the roof which I have sent to Allstate about a few months ago and I am still waiting a response from them but nobody will seem to call me back. My question is for those in the insurance industry, can I change carriers at this point in the process since there is still an open claim? I would love to give the middle finger to Allstate but I am not sure another carrier will take us on with the unsettled roof issue. I am fighting for a new roof not only on principal but also should we decide to sell the house anytime soon it will almost assuredly be an issue when that time comes.

Any advice would be appreciated from anyone in the insurance business or anyone who has had similar situations. I feel stuck.

Reactions: VivaTerlingua
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News