ADVERTISEMENT

Quick thought on Notre Dame

Rolf C

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2004
The Irish are slow and couldn't guard my sister, but they can pretty much all shoot and they are pretty much all decent passers. They are good rebounders and they are noticeably tall.

Notre Dame are a team full of seniors, except at one critical position: They play and rely upon a freshman guard. Blake Wesley is a quality player but he is a freshman. He leads them in scoring, barely, and is second in assists. He's one of the better Irish one-on-one, in fact may be the best in that situation because he is not much of a shooter. He is 6'5 and he is a legit ball handler.

Atkinson and Leszewski can clog it up inside, and Atkinson can pass it out of the post. Leszewki, Goodman, and Ryan can all shoot the three really well if they are open. None of them are very good under duress, but all of them are good at finding the guy who is not under duress.

They have a chance is what I'm saying. Don't sleep on these guys. Notre Dame is tall, can pass, and can shoot. In general terms I like Texas Tech against a freshman guard, and I like Tech against slow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News