ADVERTISEMENT

Pullman weather forecast

MattErnst34

Red Raider
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2007
Lubbock
It's a hot and hazy day in Pullman. High today around 97 or 98, with haze and little wind.

Kickoff temperature around 87, a few clouds, continued haze. In the dry air, temperature will drop quickly, to around 70 by the end of the game. Not much wind. Sunset is 7:15 p.m. PT.

There are wildfires burning across much of the West. Some air quality sites show Pullman in the "unhealthy" category right now. Obviously we've had wildfires in West Texas over the years, but I don't know too much on forecasting smoke/visibility. I did learn there are now a lot of automated sensors at people's homes all across the nation, after smoke moved in from the Panhandle wildfires last year right as a Tech Basketball game was ending.

Even the National Weather Service in Spokane wrote today that projecting visibility reduction is tough, because fire behavior and fire starts are erratic. But that Pullman and Lewiston were two sites that most regularly saw visibility reduction last few days. Way more than I thought I'd write about fires and visibility today. Time now to go re-watch video on finding composure and doing my job.

Guns Up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.