ADVERTISEMENT

Prayer request: make a good week a great one. (Update 10/21)

TylerHolloway

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2004
Houston, TX
Update 10/21/20: So on October 15, 2018 the 8th district court terminated parental rights of the biological parents of our foster son. Shortly thereafter it was appealed (as it typically is).

After slowly working its way through the system all the way to the Texas Supreme Court, we got word today that the Court declined to review the case. Three and a half years after getting him placed with us, we finally are in the clear to move towards a finalized adoption.

Turns out not everything in 2020 is the worst.

--------------------

***Update on everything about halfway done page 3 if anyone wants to skip ahead rather than working through an 18 month old thread**

Have a request for those of you who are pray-ers. Had to watch the game on delay because I was at the Brazos County courthouse until 7:30 tonight.

My wife and I have been parked there all week for our foster son's parental rights trial. He is 17 months old and he has been with us for 16 of those. I'll save you the details, but his case has had more than it's share of complications. We've heard from 3 people that have spent years around the foster care system that "this is the first time I've seen X" in this case.

If rights are terminated, we'd love to adopt him. I'm sure every parent thinks this, but he's the coolest little guy ever. But right now that's in the hands of an 11 person jury (one got sick and went to the ER on a first day). So if you are someone that pray, we'd love for as many as possible to be praying that jury will make the decision that's in the best interests of our guy's future.

Thanks so much.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News