ADVERTISEMENT

Post-Texas Thoughts

4O9to8O6Nback

"I retire from podcasting"- @T. Beadles
Dec 30, 2015
Typing this on my iPhone from Stellas…

—OL was incredible. Best performance of the year — not even close. We had time to make throws. We picked up the few blitzes they threw at us (big one on the throw to Myles Price that set us up around midfield on the go-ahead FG drive). Did the OL allow one sack? I don’t recall one but box score shows 2.5 sacks. I think there was just one holding penalty. We also did some things in the run game. Incredible. Weston is a warrior. He was definitely compromised today physically but battled the whole game. Serious limp.

—Donovan played well. If he made many mistakes, they weren’t catastrophic (Did he recover his own fumble?) I thought he was really good in the short yardage run game. Set the tone with it on our first drive. He’s now won 3 games as a 7+ point underdog. Not many Tech QBs can say they’ve done that.

—Tight end room showed up bigly. Tharp caught a pass behind him in a huge spot. The emergence of Baylor Cupp is significant. He’s a very large dude with a mullet. He’s what that position is supposed to look like.

—Sarodorick ran like a man possessed. Tahj, too. But ‘Rod really stood out. I think we did some different things in the run game. Our mesh on those handoffs seemed really slowed down today — similar to what Wake Forest does.

— Defense gave up some stuff but they made an equal number of plays. Muddy Waters is still a bad man. So is Malik and Rayshad. Texas has some f*cking dudes on that side of that ball. And we made a ton of plays covering them and tackling them.

— I thought the DL played well. Especially in the run game and a couple times in pass rush. Texas’ OL is young but they are enormous. Huge. We were in their ass quite a bit.

— Joey has CAJONES. Massive ones. Possibly elephanttitus of the genitals. I love it. He coaches like a guy that doesn’t care more about keeping his job than winning football games. He’s going to do whatever he wants in games, perception be damned.

— In two huge moments in the second half when we did not convert on 4th down, the defense immediately got a 3 and out (and in one case, a 4 and out). Our DL really started being a problem for them in the 2H. Destroying the Line of scrimmage on some of UT’s 1st and 10 runs, which were hurting us in the first half.

— Myles Price with 13 catches. Most in one game since…? We threw a lot of underneath stuff. It worked. Settled Donovan down. Gave their pass rush something to think about. Not everything we did was successful, but a lot of it was, especially in the second half. Biggest play of the game might be Price’s catch on 4th and short around midfield on the last drive of regulation.

— Brady Boyd had a huge play. Krishon forced a fumble that wins it. Reggie involved in multiple turnovers. Trey Wolffe banging clutch 45+ yarder. Trey Cleveland big catch. Rodriguez with a tackle that looked to be of the TD saving variety. So many guys were nails today.

— this is coming from the drunk guy in the stands, yelling at everything, but the PI call on us late and the non-intentional grounding call on them looked like horseshit.

— Texas is so, so close to breaking through. You just hate to see it. If they invest just a little more money into football, buy a few more players in the portal with NIL, recruit a little bit better HS guys, maybe even hire another famous coach or two to be special assistant to Sark… they just might be good and win a few games in this league. Just like with the Bama game, today was another huge moral victory for their progrum.. which is so close to breaking through. It’ll be interesting to watch.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News