ADVERTISEMENT

Post-Baylor Thoughts

liquidsmoke

Matador
Sep 26, 2008
1. Baylor is light years better than TCU. They can and should win the Big 12 and likely be a playoff team. Too many weapons on offense and defense is solid.

2. Really hard to get "up" for 3 games in a row (see 2008 stretch: Texas, OSU, OU). Not saying we didn't have a chance but Baylor is better than Tech right now. No shame in that. We can get there.

3. Jakeem's dropped TD really killed us from a "holding serve" standpoint. After that, it was really never close.

4. Mahomes is still really good and we should have a chance to win just about every game left on the schedule despite our defense being an absolute liability. OU will be really tough but I think we can hang with OSU and WVU. We are still on track to make a bowl game which was the goal for most of us this season. Most would have been fine with 3-2 right now before the season.

5. Penalties were REALLY bad today. I can handle losing, but it gets frustrating when we compound it and shoot ourselves in the foot. It's somewhat of an outlier so far this year, so I'm not giving up hope, but a lot of mental mistakes today that will have to be corrected if we want to make some noise to finish out the year.

6. Lauderdale, Sadler, Cantrell, Murphy? How many more offensive starters can we lose and sustain things hoping to win? We need to get healthy over the next 2 weeks against ISU and KU. We still have a lot to play for.

7. Good to see Bethel back out there, but nobody faired well on the defensive side of the ball. Literally not one good play I can point out for the defense today. That's really sad. Gibbs has his work cut out for him.

8. Disappointed in the offensive line play today. Granted it's the best DL we will face all year, but they really took Washington out of the game and he's a player that we need to get going to have a chance in big games.

9. I didn't feel like we were very excited to play today. Not sure why that is or maybe I'm just imagining that.

10. The next 2 games are must-wins. Nobody is feeling sorry for us for having a brutal 3 game stretch. It's up to us to come out next week and show everyone that we are more the team that handled Arkansas and should have beat TCU than the team that got the doors blown off by Baylor.

No rest for the weary. Guns up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News