ADVERTISEMENT

Pellet Smoker Brisket

martaylo

Techsan
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2012
Finally got a pellet grill/smoker this summer (RT590) and it's been pretty awesome as far as convenience goes. A little lackluster on the smoke flavor, but the convenience makes up for that.

Anyway, after some pork and chicken I'm going to try my first brisket on it this weekend for our fantasy draft party. Unfortunately it's an 8lb brisket and that's throwing a wrench in my plans. I wanted to put it in at night right before bed, wrap it in the morning to finish before noon and rest it until mid afternoon, but an 8lber is probably going to be ready to be wrapped between 4-6am or earlier assuming I put it on around 9-10pm. I'd hate to ruin it and I don't really want to get up that early on a weekend. The convenience is the main reason for using the thing.

So what's your go to pellet grill brisket recipe and a guess for how long it'll take an 8lb brisket to cook? Can I put it in at like 7am on super smoke, then bump it up to 250-275 and get it finished by early afternoon? Can I leave it at 200 all night and bump it up in the morning to finish it off? Or am I better off just getting a bigger brisket and saving this little one for a different occasion?

Reactions: redraider8742
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News