ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What would you do if this happened to your kid Update from meeting on page 7

kctidwell24

Techsan
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2014
Coppell
So my son came home from school today and informed us he was given ISS.

He also showed us the video of the incident that lead to it.

He was in class sitting at a table on a bar stool like chair. He was looking down at his phone and ignoring the situation. An autistic kid keep saying things to him. He never responded as the kid tried to get him to argue. The kid then punches him in the face. My son steps up and pushes the fish away from him and walks off. Never. Swings back and removes himself from the situation

He was sent to the principal who he shows the video to of the kid hitting him. He is then given ISS for defending himself and not just trying to ignore the kid that had hit him once and was swinging again. He was told he should have jumped from his chair and run away.

The vice principal also told him he needed to delete the video of the kid hitting him or he would get more. She said it did not help his case so it would be better if it just went away.

My kid has gone to the same schools his whole life and has never been in trouble for anything to this point.

When I tried to speak to her and request a meeting I was told no.

My problem with the video is that she basically told him he needed to delete the evidence of a crime being committed against him. Not a major deal, but when an authority figure sees a video of a kid being hit I have a problem with them pulling them into their office and without letting them talk to anyone else like their parents and telling them to delete it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News