ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Prayers for family.

JustinH2006

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2017
Hello all,

I know many here believe in the power of prayer, as do myself and family. Unfortunately last night, we made the decision to place my dad on hospice care. We really don't expect him to be around long. This has been a very hard decision weighing on my mom, to the point my sister and I had to nudge her. It's unfortunate because I just keep thinking how my future kids will not get to meet their grandpa. He has been a tough SOB, fought through cancer for almost ten years! Almost died then, but he bounced back right in time for my graduation from Tech. I'm so proud of the guy and the tough face he put on. Unfortunately, his cancer has caused his skull to all but become necrotic. It's been absolute hell for him and my mom, but after being on pallative care the week before Christmas, we finally had to call it.

Sorry to ramble, just so much going through my head right. We've always knew this day would come, but you're still never fully prepared for the emotional toll it takes. The part that hurts me the most is to see his pain, and to see my mom do everything she can to comfort him to no avail. Just please pray for his peace, and for my mom to have comfort as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News