ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Plum takes 3rd at the SXSW Hatch Pitch competition

raidraider

Red Raider
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2014
Austin
I started a thread last week looking to see if anybody else was working for an early stage startup. I didn't get many responses, and it ended up mostly just being about the startup I work for called Plum. That wasn't my intention for starting that thread, but whatever.

For anybody that's interested, Plum took 3rd place at the main startup pitch competition at SXSW this year. There are a few competitions, but Hatch is the main one.

There were thousands of companies that applied, then those were narrowed down to 12 finalists that pitched yesterday. We ultimately got 3rd, but the top 3 were very close and supposedly stood out above the rest in the judges' eyes.

Just thought I'd share, and so that some of you can say "I knew of them before they blew up." At least that's what I'm hoping will happen.

Feel free to check us out. We'll start backfilling our pre-orders starting in May, but won't be able to ship new orders until August or September. It's going to take that long because we have about 11,000 dimmers sold already, which is pretty impressive considering we haven't even gone to market with the product yet.

http://plumlife.com/products/

This post was edited on 3/17 2:51 PM by raidraider

Link to a press release with the results

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News