ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Girl Scout Cookies (apologies to Kayak)

teedawg83

🌵
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2010
Lubbock
Kayakyak was right (well, 50 percent right).

He posted a few weeks ago about the two bakers that make Girl Scout Cookies and how the ABC Bakers' cookies were vastly inferior to the Little Brownie Bakers' versions of the same cookie. Well, I picked up my cousin at the airport yesterday afternoon in Lubbock; he flew in from NYC to visit his folks here. He happened to bring with him a box of Thin Mints and a box of Samoas that he bought in NYC -- made by Little Brownie.

We put them up against the ABC Thin Mints and Caramel Delights (what ABC calls the Samoas) in a taste test. Like Kayakyakr said, the LB Thin Mints were much better than the ABC Thin Mints -- creamier chocolate coating, fresher mint taste, and smoother texture in the cookie center. I mean, I still like the ABC version, but the Little Brownie version was much better.

As for the Samoas vs Caramel Delites -- the jury was split. Six of us tried the two versions. Three of us (myself included) like the ABC-baked Caramel Delites better, and two liked the Samoas, and one said he thought they were the same.

There you go. Research. I thought Kayak was full of crapola on this, but yes there is a difference. I have no idea how the other ABC-LBB versions stack up, but have already put way too much thought into the matter and am going on a diet anyway, so the world may never know.

My cousin pointed that Keebler now makes a knock-off version of the Samoas/Caramel Delites called "Caramel Dreams," which are probably just as good as either. (Doing a little research, I discovered that Keebler owns the Little Brownie Baker company...)

coconut%20dreams.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.