ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Barn Dance and BBQ Dinner

WTXRedRaider

Red Raider
Gold Member
Apr 5, 2021
As some posters know and some dont my family has had a ranch south of San Angelo for over 100 years. Its where I grew up and its a huge part of who I am and how I live my life. Anyways my dad, pre kids(my brother and I), started throwing a party back in the early 80's at our ranch that he and now we help host with other couples who are friends of ours or my dad. We had about 325 people out Saturday night for the 2024 version and we cooked 130 pounds of brisket, 60 pounds of sausage, and 6 goats. Other menu items included beans, potato salad, and jalapeno cream corn. We provide all the cold beer and have bar tenders set up in one of the stalls with the neon lights if liquor/wine/mix drinks are your thing. We have a band that plays from about 8 till midnight and use our sheep sheering slab as the dance floor. I got too busy drinkin and talking to get picture/videos of the band playing unfortunately.

One of my personal missions this year was to update our beer sign decorations. Found all the guitars and signs across the country and acquired them over about the last 12 months. Saturday night was capped off by the Tech Win!!!

Also shoutout to my good buddy @Matador1233 for making it out.

Duff Ranch Barn Dance 2024. We got the meats, the tunes and the good times #westtexas
https://www.instagram.com/p/DAhjxw4oF6a/

JOO1lIi.jpeg

v5UJEuN.jpeg

DV3g0yj.jpeg

kggY6NA.jpeg

ZHBMP1F.jpeg

RstWYkA.jpeg

dNDBFSM.jpeg

naeBhLp.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.